Dog and Cat Dental Care
Did you know that 85% of dogs and cats will develop periodontal disease by the age of 3?
At Vickery Place Animal Hospital, we understand the importance of pet dental health and offer comprehensive dental care services for cats and dogs.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF DENTAL DISEASE IN PETS?
- Bad Breath (Halitosis) - Can be a sign of dental infection or gingivitis
- Swollen Gums - Red, swollen gums can indicate gingivitis
- Discolored Teeth - discoloration can occur due to trauma or infection
- Drooling (Ptyalism) - Is often a sign of oral pain or inflammation
Schedule an appointment for your pet's health today!
WHAT IS THE TREATMENT FOR DENTAL DISEASE?
- Schedule a Dental Consultation - If you have noted any of the above symptoms, schedule a consultation to discuss the symptoms and get a thorough veterinary evaluation of your pet’s oral health.
- Professional Dental Cleaning - We use ultrasonic cleaning to remove plaque and tartar from your sedated pet’s teeth and take full mouth dental x-rays to detect disease under the gum line. The veterinarian can then formulate a plan for treatment and prevention of further dental disease.
- Home Care - The dental care your pet receives at home is a vital component of maintaining their dental health and preventing
disease in younger animals. This can reduce the number of professional cleanings your pet needs in his lifetime.