Puddles and Your Pets: Awareness During the Rainy Season

We’re having a lot of rain right now, but what happens once the rain stops? The sun will come out, and we all know too well that puddles will linger for quite some time. Puddles and standing water are fun for splashing around, however, you should be aware of the dangers of allowing your pets to drink from, and play in, those standing puddles. Bacteria, intestinal parasites, and harmful chemicals can collect in puddles and have the potential to cause harm to your pets. Our friends at the Pet Health Network from Idexx have put together a great article about these dangers. Take a minute to read it, and please let us know if you have any questions.